Our Blue Planet
The ocean holds 97% of Earth’s water and produces over 50% of the oxygen we breathe; It feeds the world by producing 30% of global protein for 3 billion people every day, and absorbs 93% of excess heat generated by greenhouse warming.
The ocean is essential to life on planet earth and yet we are facing a dramatic decline in ocean health, with human activity affecting sea levels, temperature and the millions of species that call the ocean home.
The National Oceanography Centre (NOC) is a world leader in oceanographic science, research and innovation. Working in some of the remotest, deepest and most hostile parts of the ocean our scientists bring a greater understanding of issues that affect our environment, our landscapes, our health and our prosperity.
Your gift can ensure the NOC continues to make global impact from the coast to the deepest ocean. With your gift our scientists and engineers can continue to;
- Analyse climate change and sea level rises
- Discover new ways to conserve and protect ocean life, including endangered species and coral reefs
- Protect people and property from natural disasters
- Develop new innovative marine robotics and technologies
- Provide unbiased knowledge and insight to decision makers, and
- Educate the next generation of ocean leaders.
To discuss donating to the National Oceanography Centre please contact email@example.com
Donate via TEXT
A gift allows you to have a direct impact on world leading ocean research and innovation.
Text OCEANSCIENCE to 70085 to donate £10
Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £10 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text OCEANSCIENCENOINFO to 70085.