Foundations for the Future
The National Oceanography Centre is a world leader in oceanographic science, research and innovation. Working in some of the remotest, deepest and most hostile parts of the ocean our scientists bring a greater understanding of issues that affect our environment, our landscapes, our health and our prosperity.
Together with our global partners, the work we undertake at the NOC is advancing the knowledge required to address the big challenges facing people and our planet, whilst helping corporations and Foundations to fulfil their own strategic goals. Each partnership is bespoke, with the opportunity to collaborate on a number of diverse projects from across the NOC’s portfolio. This includes grants towards:
- Understanding and advising on climate change
- Reducing pollution of the ocean, including plastics and micro-plastics
- Securing and protecting ocean resources and ecosystems which provide food, minerals and clean energy
- Increasing community’s resilience to ocean hazards and extreme weather
- Developing new technologies to support net zero and carbon capture
- Supporting overseas nations in growing their ocean science and capability
- Educating people all over the world about ocean issues
We work closely with each of our partners and you will receive regular and bespoke updates showing the global impact of your support. We’ll also invite you to exclusive events that will give you the opportunity to be up close to our world leading science and innovation.
If you would like more information on the range of opportunities that are available, please contact Sofie Bennett, Head of Philanthropy via firstname.lastname@example.org