Foundations for the Future
The National Oceanography Centre is thrilled to announce the NOC Ocean Alliance, an opportunity to work together to generate the global science needed to support a sustainable ocean for a sustainable future. As the world reels from the COVID pandemic we have been reminded of the central role science plays in finding solutions to the planet’s biggest challenges.
Together with our global partners, the work we undertake at the NOC is advancing the knowledge required to address the big challenges facing people and our planet, whilst helping corporations and foundations to fulfil their own strategic goals.
The NOC Ocean Alliance is a group of passionate, empowered companies and individuals who understand that the actions we take during this decade will determine the future of our blue planet and our civilisation. The Alliance funds focus on four key areas:
Advance: bringing scientific solutions to the world’s most complex problems.
Innovate: using science and technology to fuel innovative solutions to create a thriving ocean economy for all.
Empower: informing government policies, good corporate practices, and a step change in public awareness of the role the ocean plays.
Educate: a diverse world of future scientists to ensure the ocean regains and maintains its health.
Each Alliance partnership is bespoke, with the opportunity to collaborate on a number of diverse projects from across the NOC’s portfolio. This includes grants towards:
- Understanding and advising on climate change
- Reducing pollution of the ocean, including plastics and micro-plastics
- Securing and protecting ocean resources and ecosystems which provide food, minerals and clean energy
- Increasing community’s resilience to ocean hazards and extreme weather
- Developing new technologies to support net zero and carbon capture
- Supporting overseas nations in growing their ocean science and capability
- Educating people all over the world about ocean issues
We work closely with each of our partners and you will receive regular and bespoke updates showing the global impact of your support. We’ll also invite you to exclusive events that will give you the opportunity to be up close to our world leading science and innovation.
If you would like more information about the NOC Ocean Alliance and ways we can work in partnership, please contact Holly Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.