Please visit my personal-research webpage: https://katavouta.github.io/
I am an ocean-climate scientist based at the National Oceanography Centre. My research interests and experience lie in combining numerical models, observations and theory to study ocean processes and their role within the Earth system on different spatial scales, regional to global, and time scales, days to millennia.
- 2019 - present: National Oceanography Centre, Liverpool, UK.
- 2020 - 2023: Secondment (part-time), University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK.
- 2016 - 2019: Post-doctoral Research Associate, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
- 2010 - 2016: PhD, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada (advisor: Prof. Keith Thompson)
- 2008 - 2010: MSc, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada (advisor: Prof. Paul G. Myers)
- 2003 - 2008: Ptychio (Bachelor) in Physics, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Research interests include:
- shelf seas dynamics
- impact of climate change in shelf seas
- role of the ocean in the climate response to carbon emissions
- carbon cycle and climate feedbacks
- numerical modelling: shelf seas, open ocean and climate