After several years in recruitment I had my first HR role at Argyll and Bute Council followed by 4 years at Argyll Community Housing Association where I started my transition into Learning and Development. Shortly after completing the CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development Practice in 2015, I made the move down to Hythe and joined NOC for the opportunity of a pure L&D role and the chance to work for an organisation I really believe in.
As the Learning and Development Co-ordinator I provide support to the Learning and Organisational Development manager in running the L&D function on a day to day basis, and also deliver projects that support the organisation in delivering against key people objectives. I support colleagues with the L&D process, monitor the L&D budget, provide various data and reports that help inform business decisions, manage L&D systems including the Learning Management System (LMS), and prepare L&D communications e.g. the monthly Learning@NOC newsletter.
I can help with queries regarding the following areas: LMS, L&D process for example learning requests, L&D budget, L&D content on CONNECT including the Learning Hub, access to mandatory e-learning programmes, IT training room.
- What is your favourite movie?
- The Goonies – a classic feel good 80’s movie, like Stranger Things but without the scary bits.
- Cats or dogs?
- Definitely cats, they won’t be told what to do and we need them more than they need us!
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
- Tarifa, a beautiful Spanish town in the province of Cádiz, Andalusia.
- Fish and Chips or Cream Tea?
- Cream tea, but it depends on how you pronounce scone!